21 Apr Builders Pause for NAHB National Safety Stand Down
With much of the home building industry identified as “Essential Business” during the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) encouraged all home construction companies across the nation to pause for ten minutes on April 16 and educate their workers on jobsite safety.
The Executive Order on April 2 by Governor Brian Kemp incorporated the Department of Homeland Security Guidelines from March 28 which identified Residential Construction as Essential Infrastructure Business. Since then, local builders and contractors have been taking steps to keep their employees and jobsites safe while continuing their work.
“Our number one priority is the safety of our communities” said GAHBA President, Gabe Chatham of Chathambilt Homes. “Home Building is a crucial part of our economy but it is important that we take the appropriate safety measures while we continue to build the American Dream.”
Numerous builders in the Greater Atlanta area participated in the National Safety Stand Down and took the opportunity to reemphasize the recommendations and guidelines from the NAHB and government officials.
“We split into small groups and spoke about wearing masks, sanitizing our hands, keeping six feet distance between each other, and many other important practices while we build,” said Maurice Lester, Vice President of Construction at JW Collection and GAHBA Cobb/Cherokee Chapter President. Click here for pictures.
The NAHB has a variety of resources for jobsite safety available on its website.