05 Apr HomeAid’s Annual Essentials Drive Going On Now
Join HomeAid Atlanta’s 21st annual Essentials Drive to provide baby items for families experiencing homelessness
ATLANTA – HomeAid Atlanta, the designated charity of the GAHBA, is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people experiencing or at risk of homelessness build new lives through construction, community engagement, and education. HomeAid recognizes how challenging it can be for families to provide for their most basic needs and strives to provide dignity and hope through community engagement initiatives. The Essentials Drive is HomeAid’s annual community-wide drive to collect “essentials” such as diapers and baby wipes for families with infants and toddlers affected by homelessness. HomeAid will host the drive from April 1 to May 4 in honor of Mother’s Day.
Sadly, an estimated 5,500 people in metro Atlanta experience homelessness on any given night and almost 50% are women and children. Thanks to the support of the metro Atlanta community and the home building industry, the Essentials Drive has collected over 1.7 million essential baby items since 2002.
This April, HomeAid invites you to help provide essential items for families in need. There are many ways to get involved:
• Host an Essentials Drive drop-off site at your place of business
• Coordinate a drive with friends and coworkers at your office, church, school, or civic organization
• Donate new, unopened packages of diapers and wipes in person or online
• Purchase items through our Amazon and Target registries or donate funds
• Volunteer to sort, count, and pack donations with HomeAid Atlanta on May 5
For more information, visit homeaidatlanta.org/essentials-drive or contact Karen McLane, HomeAid Atlanta Director of Community Engagement, at 678-775-1450 or email@example.com.